[KAT5] Amstrad Sky+ Kat5 and Pacelink problems

  • Subject: [KAT5] Amstrad Sky+ Kat5 and Pacelink problems
  • From: "markttay" <markttay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:40:44 -0000

I have a pair of Amstrad Sky+ boxes and a pair of Mk1 and a pair of
Mk2 KAT5's and have been trying to eliminate the little IR wands with
a Pacelink rf2Link gizmo.

I have enabled the second outlet power supply on the Sky box and the
red LED glows on the Pacelink but with the cable of the Pacelink
plugged into the jack socket on the Kat5 box the remote is not working.

I know this setup works for others (including you I believe Keith)but
it is beating me at the moment. Any ideas? Should anything be plugged
into the other socket on the Pacelink? I do not have a terrestrial
arial cable nearby.

Thanks

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/