Re: [KAT5] Digest Number 317

  • Subject: Re: [KAT5] Digest Number 317
  • From: Eddy Carroll <ecarroll@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:18:45 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

Tim,

> Has the cable been run already?
> If not, maybe one of these types would work for you: [ ... ]

Thanks for the pointer. I actually bought the cameras themselves
from CPC, and have even ordered cable like this from them in the
distant past for a different project, but somehow I'd forgotten it
existed! Maybe it's because my next door neighbour is a professional
satellite installer, and knows his co-ax.

For the distances involved, this cable looks a bit light though. I couldn't
find any noise margin figures, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't several dB
at 100M, and we want to try and keep the video as sharp as possible.

Still, not all the cameras are so far away, so this might do the job for
some of the nearby ones.

Thanks,

Eddy