RE: [KAT5] Any experience with Windows Media Center and Kat5?

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] Any experience with Windows Media Center and Kat5?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:01:11 +0100

Hi Martin,

> I wondered if anyone had tried using Kat5 with XP MCE?
> Is it successful at transmitting the Infrared as well?

I dont currently have an MCE machine so havent been able to test it but
provided the remote is based on 38kHz (36-40kHz) then I see no reason why
it
wont carry the IR as well.

> Can I use it to send the picture and recieve IR from
> multiple rooms (Setting up multidrop sounds very technical)?

You can only have one IR capable receiver on a multidrop system. If you
want
IR control from all room then you would have to use one transmitter and
receiver for each room. You will also need one CAT5 cable per viewing room
to the location of your MCE machine. (Not a problem if the machine is
located at Node 0)

Regards

Keith

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at