RE: [KAT5] Outdoor RJ45

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] Outdoor RJ45
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:08:29 +0100

Robert,

I think going wireless is a better solution, but weatherproof RJ45 stuff
is available, if not cheap.

Try RS (http://rswww.com)
http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/rangeAction.do?catoid=-1600748013&cach
eID=ukie
If that link doesn't work, follow: Electronic Components, > Connectors

Datacomms / Fibre > Industrial Ethernet and then select the
"Harting"
range.

CPC also have some weatherproof connector, by Bulgin.
www.cpc.co.uk and searching for "Bulgin" brings back some
results, e.g.
p/n CN08391. Also try CN08387 for sockets and CN08395, CN 08620 for
sealing caps.

Also have a look at "rj-lnxx" also at CPC.

HTH,

Tim.

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/