RE: [KAT5] Newbie overload!

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] Newbie overload!
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:37:34 -0000

> I wish I could do more wiring, but the builder is charging me $225
> US per 2x2 run.  They won't let me do any wiring myself, thats how

It's your house though - shouldn't it be up to you what you do/do not lay?

they get rich.  So every room in my house will have 2 cat 5 and 2
coax cables going into it (including the master bathroom!)  In my

Why not alt least go for 3 x cat5 and only 1 x coax?  (maybe even a dual
core coax)?
That way it's the same no. of physical cables but more functionality?

Cheers,

Tony

Searchable KAT5 archive can be found at
http://www.ukha-archive.com/