RE: [KAT5] IR Upgrade

>> Moving slightly away from that, what's the story on VGA kat5 units
- did
>> they ever make an appearance?
>
> Not released to the public. I have a slight technical problem to sort
out
> with them but it is difficult to track down as they work with all my
> monitors but they wouldnt work on some of the ones at work despite
being
> the same models

don't ya just hate that kinda thing? :)

>> So...was it unreliable then? ;)
>
> In the two minutes I had to try it I wasnt happy with the reliability.

I'll take that as a "yes" :D

>> Also, what's the difference between blink and non blink ones?
>> I have, I think, "mouse" xantech emitters - are they
blink?

> The blink ones contain a visible red LED as well which
"blinks" when the
> emitter is active.

Oh, presumably just for show then, not serving any useful purpose....

> I suppose I need three versions of IR upgrade kits
>
> KAT5 IRU-S    Self fitting
> KAT5 IRU-F    Fitted
> KAT5 IRU-TB   ... the Tony Butler option :-)

LOL, no fair - I just wanna understand these things and wot I need to do
wot I want!

Initially, I'm looking at a standard upgrade and an RGB one.
Do you really need the serial no' of the RGB units?  They're a bit
inaccessible....

cheers,

Tony