RE: [KAT5] IR Upgrade

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] IR Upgrade
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:58:13 +0100

Hi Guys,

> > > at around 8:30 I laid down on the bed for a few minutes and
> > > fell asleep !!
> >
> > LOL ;)
>
> Poor bugger is worn out making these ir upgrades ;-).....

I think I am just worn out in general!

> > And good to see that the new tx/rx units are not hugely more
> > expensive with IR than without.

The new Mk2 units arent out yet. The TXIR and RXIR are Mk1 units with IR
upgrades fitted in them.

> > I presume these don't come with emitters/receivers, so do you
have any
> > recommendations on that front?
>
> I assumed by Keiths documentation you get an ir emitter and ir
> receiver with
> the kit...........

Correct. The ones you see in the picture are what you get with the Kit.

At UKHA2004 I tried all the Xantech emitters and the Single, Single Blink
and Dual all worked but the dual blink was a bit "iffy". KAT5 IR
is really
only intended to control a single source because when the switcher is
released the IR will be routed to the relevent source equipment.

> Tony if you want you can  try my FirM Jr as it has an ir in socket
and i
> have 2 ....8way splitters plugged into it ( 16 emitters) when testing
> .....requires a 12v power supply.....But it can only take the ir
> return from
> 1 set of KAT5 Modules......Contact me offlist if interested please..

It should be possible to couple the IR output from the KAT5 Transmitters
together using diodes so that several units could drive the same Emitter.
FIRM could then be used to distribute this to multiple emitters.

I havent got FIRM or any of the proprietry IR distribution systems so cant
give a definative answer on that.

HTH