Re: kat5 / tv / bathroom?

  • Subject: Re: kat5 / tv / bathroom?
  • From: gyre
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:37:00 +0000

> Ive got an exercise bike as well.
> BIKE : 14 years old - 2 miles on the clock
> CAR : 13 years old 260775 miles on the clock
>
> :-)

:) Know the problem.

> An RF modulator will act as a very low power transmitter. Get a loop
aerial
> off a portable TV and connect it to the output of the Modulator.

Ooh, I didn't know that. Does it *have* to be a loop aerial, or will other
types do too? I got a 2 prong thingy that came with the TV, and replaced it
a few years back with some evil looking delta-wing jobby.

> Pesumably you only require Composite video so that would leave the
Brown
> pair (S-Video Chroma) unused which could be split out from the cable
using
> modified lead. If you only wanted mono audio as well then that would
give
> you another pair of wires.

Mono + Comp, yup.

> VERY IMPORTANT: YOU WOULD NEED TO ENSURE THAT WHATEVER POWER SUPPLY
YOU
USED
> WAS SUITABLE FOR USE FEEDING LOW VOLTAGE ITEMS IN A BATHROOM.

One of yours Keith :)

> Well fitting a dynamo to the exercise bike would make sure you kept up
the
> speed otherwise you would miss the program.

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

> You could also move the exercise
> bike to a location where electricity want a problem!!!

The bathroom is the only room in the house with enough space. In
addition... I can lock the door so the rest of the family can't see and
laff
:)

Thanks for your help... again :)

-- gyre --