Re: Re: Kat5 IR upgrades

  • Subject: Re: Re: Kat5 IR upgrades
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:10:00 +0000

Quoting mvankleef <<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=_b3FaSechbz-F_kV-4XCcjqXdExv1YUlkKUdbCQcXv8JDGQ6X3WL3qnuWz7SKY32_UrprXZLnPafynghqQ">mvankleef@y...</a>>:

> Hi Keith,
>
> Thanks for being clear about the IR support you're designing - I
> appreciate it. Inasfar as IRDA is concerned, I'm referring to Pace
> Digital cable boxes models 1000 and 2000 which in their infinite
> wisdom they decided to use the IRDA standard for. These are
> typically used for Telewest and NTL digital cable installations.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

This may (or may not) sound like a silly question but....

... will the box do anything if not connected to a cable feed.

eg. Does it have a channel display on the front panel or is it only
OnScreenDisplay.

Do the menu's work etc.

If so, then it could be possible to work on a solution even though I cant
get
cable. Provided there are detectable things happening to the box from the
remote control when you press the buttons eg Channel Up/Down and menu
navigation then it would be possible to tell that a working IR control
solution
had been developed.

I could then try to source one of the boxes to test with.

Regards

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv