Re: Kat5 IR upgrades

  • Subject: Re: Kat5 IR upgrades
  • From: mvankleef
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:06:00 +0000

Hi Keith,

Thanks for being clear about the IR support you're designing - I
appreciate it. Inasfar as IRDA is concerned, I'm referring to Pace
Digital cable boxes models 1000 and 2000 which in their infinite
wisdom they decided to use the IRDA standard for. These are
typically used for Telewest and NTL digital cable installations.

Thanks,
Mike

--- In <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=oIAhO7hXFYUIBXJmP9qoV4m3lpbpwPVuSiUbALdjloeSO_LXVrBUzcjGgpy09QXrw1r4_zT1DQdETCMMRwqzC08z">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Keith Doxey" <kat5users@d...>
wrote:
> > From: mvankleef
> > Subject: [KAT5] Re: Kat5 IR upgrades
> >

> > I too have been eagerly looking forward to the elusive IR
repeater
> > support, but I need to be able to control both 'normal' RC5/RC6
as
> > well as (more importantly) an IRDA source. The latter is a real
> > pain as there are very few solutions on the market. At the
moment
> > I'm looking at redeye <www.redremote.co.uk> and Digieye
> > <www.digisender.net> as they seem the only reasonable ones
that
at
> > least support IRDA.
> > Are there any views on these, or news on support for these
protocols
> > in the Kat5 solution ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mike
>
> Hi Mike.
>
> The IR upgrades will NOT support IRDA at launch as they will be
built around
> standard 38kHz IR systems, however it should be possible to add it
later.
> The main reason is wont be available at launch is that I dont have
any IRDA
> kit that I could use for development.
>
> As far as I am aware, (correct me if I am wrong) the only items of
IRDA kit