Re: Noob

  • Subject: Re: Noob
  • From: Steve
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:46:00 +0000

> Welcome to KAT5-Users.
Glad to be here. Still got to read the messages in the archive yet!
I've been a member of ukha_d for a little while, but since I've not
yet embarked on anything "ha", I've had very little of any use to
input.

> ... KAT5 is not a streaming system.
Yeah, this I know. Streaming stuff will be coming from when I get
the current desktop PC as a server (and another laptop). But that is
ukha_d stuff, hence more expensive, hence a lot further along in the
queue!

Only 1 room doesn't warrant redecorating in my bungalow, and that's
the hallway. Can't forsee an awful lot of C/Kat5 music/video type
requirements there, but you never know. Music and video (via
Sky/aerial), as you say on a physical cable, is my first goal.

If I look confused when you talk about techie terms, try not to
throw anything too hard at me. I'll just try and look stuff up
first! :-)

Steve