Re: New Build Recommendations

  • Subject: Re: New Build Recommendations
  • From: johnorigins
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:25:00 +0000

Thanks Keith,
A little clarification - I understand the need for coax between
aerials, lnbs and digibox etc. but from digibox to the rest of the
house can this be distributed solely by your Kat5 modules?
John

--- In <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=P7DRDvJ4jDEeIYT5RQZ47kO7wuSRieqdTxSytIkFDKG1KCEUdCqOUryVWlhJn7mLNpY5FA0J68xmLdMMq-3vawwEPzg">kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Keith Doxey" <kat5users@d...>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Welcome to the KAT5 Users list.
>
> KAT5 cant handle RF Frequencies so you should always install some
CT100 coax
> as well for LNB and TV aerial feeds.
>
> Speaker cables are also a good idea whilst you have the
opportunity.

> There is no need for STP, UTP is fine for KAT5, Ethernet, Phone,
Fax, ISDN,