[PMX:77% SPAM] Re: kat5 + IR (nearly)

  • Subject: [PMX:77% SPAM] Re: kat5 + IR (nearly)
  • From: Andrew Franklin
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:27:00 +0000

An easy work around for the IR part is to use separate IR
transmitter/receiver.

I have found both the Powermid (available at www.keene.co.uk or
www.lektropacks.co.uk) and One4All (www.argos.co.uk) IR transmitters to
be good ways of distributing IR around the home. They both work off the
same frequency and seem to work together OK. You can also purchase
separate transmitters.

You can use the IR feed from a Powermid receiver as input to a IR
distribution amplifier (from www.keene.co.uk). This IR amp can control a
number of devices (4 individual and one hi-power 'blaster' type)
particularly if they are concealed in a cupboard.

I agree to have IR running over CAT5 as being the best solution but
does the system from Keene allow IR pass through (eg to remotely use a
Sky Digibox??).

Happy New Year!!

Andrew

>>> <a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=OLu2JuYtFn1-LWu_ytKA_fz0FTGV2cB5DJpo199kW6OCSc8v9lUFcg60phdjfMKoJyVsgT9P_Q">gyre@k...</a>
30/12/03 17:35:06 >>>
Let me tell you how desparate I am for a reverse IR channel...

I'm using a cut-price video sender from toys-r-us... just for the IR.
I use
KAT5 for the signal, as it is sooo much better.

However... having an all-in-one solution would make me a happy gyre.

-- gyre --

<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=ZKPxRtxdNTQqa65Lh5hWxrHkoMB7hFoROqPsMzVo0GnmS-Rkp2Q30Nwr36iCcjj8NDozp2KUE43TGjERcklhdKULCVUNofC1ww">kat5-users-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>