RE: Converting KAT5 AVS-RX to KAT5 AVS-RXU

  • Subject: RE: Converting KAT5 AVS-RX to KAT5 AVS-RXU
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:05:00 +0000

Once IR is released there will be an upgrade for existing units.

There will be redesigned units for new production. These will incorporate
switchable termination.

The switches will DISCONNECT the termination resistors NOT short them
otherwise the signals would be terminated by a short.

Shorting the resistors would guarantee that no unwanted noise would get
through, but unfortunately it would also mean that the wanted signal would
not get through either!!!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv