Re: Switcher feature request

  • Subject: Re: Switcher feature request
  • From: tefxp
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:48:00 +0000

I see what you're saying Ken, but it's bound to become an issue at
some point, I was just wodnering out loud really.

I don't really give a flying f**k how they get allocated as I have
enough patience to wait until it's my 'turn', however long that may
be - but some ppl will be v.impatient and might expect to be in the
1st wave when in fact they are not.....

Building an initial stock up front may be a good idea but:
It exposes Keith to financial risk because of the cost involved -
maybe the uptake won't be as expected initially (due to holidays,
SWMBO bans on kit, lost jobs etc) so he could be sitting on a few
units for a while.
Also, depending on how long it takes to make a switcher, it could
take months to stockpile enough to satisfy perceived initial demand
And, more importantly, it would be bad news to ship a load and then
find there's a bug or some sort of incompatibility that could have
been solved with some beta testing by a chosen few.
No doubt the firmware will be flash upgradable, but if there is
another issue like the terminating resistors causing problems with
SKY boxes, then it would be more painful to fix 20 returned units
than to have sorted the problem out in advance......

Jusp my 2p worth.

Tony

--- In kat5-users@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...>