RE: SCART Socket Question

  • Subject: RE: SCART Socket Question
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:50:00 +0000

>> 'XLR' hah! I remember when ppl used to just call them 'Cannon
plugs' :-)

>*chuckle* OK ... but I wasn't sure whether anyone would know what I
meant
by a Cannon plug!

Well if they don't know, then they have no business reading a thread about
connectors :-)

>> What we need is for Keith to sell his KAT5 system to the Korean
and
Taiwanese manufacturers so all
>> HiFi equipment will come with balanced audio RJ45 outputs so we
can ditch
the plethora of connectors
>> we have at the moment :-))
>
>Phonos aren't too bad but I am as impressed as buggery with Keiths KAT5
units ... I am running s-video

True, but 4 pair of phonos take up a lot more space & generate a
bigger rats
nest than a single CAT5 lead :]

>and stereo audio over about 30m with no noticeable degradation!

Presumably u saw my other post about SKY's the limit. It's annoying that
the piccie has changed so, particularly when it was so near-identical to
the
original when I got the units. I guess the extra resistor I had to add just
skews the signal a wee bit.
Don't get me wrong - it's still great & just seeing it on it's own,
you
would think it was absolutely fine. It's only if you switch between normal
SKY & KAT SKY that you see it is darker and/or the colour settings
are a bit
different.
Will see what happens when my RGB units arrive. Hopefully no probs
&
Composite can be relegated to bedroom TV.
Maybe this is the excuse I need to upgrade to SKY+ :-)

(Anyone know if SKY+ box is okay with unmodified KAT5?)

cheers,

Tony