SKY is no longer the limit

  • Subject: SKY is no longer the limit
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:18:00 +0000

Just to put this little problem to bed, after our last discussion on it, I
went to Craplin & bought some 75 Ohm resistors to bung in the SCART
plug at
the Rx unit end as per Keith's suggestion and....no joy whatsoever :-(
Still exactly the same.
Checked & rechecked soldering - was fine.
Hmm.....checked resistors - bloody craplin gave me 75K ohm resistors - DOH!
So... Keith sent me some proper ones (10 of the Keith - you anticipating
I'll have problems with other Kat5 units? :-)) and it now works fine.

The picture is noticably darker than not going thru KAT5, though I assume
it's a result of bunging on the resistor, as there was bugger all
difference
between KAT5 DVD and no KAT5 DVD when I got the units initially.
I wouldn't say the picture is degraded, just the brightness is turned down
bit maybe.

Cheers for your help keith and (sorry, forgot your name) who had the same
problem with his SKY box.
Mine is a PAnasonic for the record, though not the same one as Keith's.
I'll have a look round the back to see if I can see a model number
somewhere.

Keith - perhaps you need a troubleshooting section on your webiste
recording
these dodgy devices & how to solve the problems?

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at <a href="http://www.rbsmarkets.com";>http://www.rbsmarkets.com</a>