RE: SCART Socket Question

  • Subject: RE: SCART Socket Question
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:55:00 +0000

I agree it's going to mean bugger all in terms of connection quality
per-se.
The 'clever bit' was simply bowing the metal shield a bit to try to make it
grip the socket better.

It does that alright I guess, but because the rest of it is heavy cast
metal, the added weight somewhat negates the effectiveness of it :-(

'XLR' hah! I remember when ppl used to just call them 'Cannon plugs' :-)

What we need is for Keith to sell his KAT5 system to the Korean and
Taiwanese manufacturers so all HiFi equipment will come with balanced audio
RJ45 outputs so we can ditch the plethora of connectors we have at the
moment :-))

Tony