RE: KAT5 Website Updated

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Website Updated
  • From: Kenneth Watt
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:29:00 +0000

Robert,

LCD is *the* option if you want to project static images for extended
periods IMO.

K.

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=qliBBVKgIzPR8BtmxBqUMBVFsXCUVIsQaOS2DylPbMg1meYkZQGedFnRaooUsgBqITdD8jLITObatHbfSCIANTD9XeA">robert.chasmer@m...</a>]
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=50-eQHujpRUbj4wxLNzotKcseJXa8uOnGvaWS_iassImtyeAenqZgcdmb3AYJWn6xPIgN9YI2WVJofwuKSnwZO7Hk2I">'kat5-users@xxxxxxx</a>'

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=uYW9fQEFjLT25UXCuiU71ALnKRzY6k0K7AD6gUqyLBIYmj2zahJLnwWYr7g-ZYzstDVhq0w66gmRtqdZu4QxwVdNDgo">phillip.harris1@v...</a>]
wrote:
> > Be careful if you're going to use a CRT projector for video games
as
> > you can do serious damage to the tubes with the static display
items
> > of video games (scores, speedos, rev counters etc.) in a matter
of
> > twenty or thirty hours if you overdrive the tubes!
>
> There's always something to spoil the fun :-(
> Gaming is one of the things I'd really want to be able to do on it.
> Even though games these days have a lot more action going on the
> screen, your still have like you say scores, or rev counters in the
> same place.
>
> Is this really a big problem? Would DLP be safer?
>

> > > You seem to have managed to save enormous amounts of money
> > > and got yourself a very good setup.
>
> > I have a friend who buys secondhand projectors and sells them
> > on ... He can't always find projectors there and then but he has
> > found a few for me and friends and he is careful at grading them
> > first. If/when you (or anyone else) are seriously interested
> > then drop me a line and I'll put you in touch but I don't want
> > to pass him timewasters or "tyrekickers" as he is
bloody busy!

href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=AkCcW5dbvMxSUpO1J5oTajunBamzD1AWTz0A6XoZ-Kx_AsoCriD6GPYTzfDq8uGl9m6fyITdrO-E3w">chas@k...</a>