RE: KAT5 Website Updated

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Website Updated
  • From: Robert Chasmer
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:16:00 +0000

Phil Harris [mailto:<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=xSMQLRYuvCfXtjsc9W07HM-G20sEn5HBjvJ5vyHk3NpwQVGHbaehh7GbxMFCe2fCVmBZY3VLzOG9vDtWCkqoRsWzng">phillip.harris1@v...</a>]
wrote:
> Be careful if you're going to use a CRT projector for video games as
> you can do serious damage to the tubes with the static display items
> of video games (scores, speedos, rev counters etc.) in a matter of
> twenty or thirty hours if you overdrive the tubes!

There's always something to spoil the fun :-(
Gaming is one of the things I'd really want to be able to do on it.
Even though games these days have a lot more action going on the
screen, your still have like you say scores, or rev counters in the
same place.

Is this really a big problem? Would DLP be safer?

> > You seem to have managed to save enormous amounts of money
> > and got yourself a very good setup.

> I have a friend who buys secondhand projectors and sells them
> on ... He can't always find projectors there and then but he has
> found a few for me and friends and he is careful at grading them
> first. If/when you (or anyone else) are seriously interested
> then drop me a line and I'll put you in touch but I don't want
> to pass him timewasters or "tyrekickers" as he is bloody
busy!

Thanks very much, I'll bare that in mind for the future. At the
moment I'd definitely be a tyrekicker as the money is all mapped
out for the forciable future. Maybe if I win the lottery or sommat.

Rob (Who dreams far too much!)

--

If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose
its contents to anyone. Please note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MMT Computing plc. Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. MMT Computing plc accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.