RE: KAT5 Website Updated

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Website Updated
  • From: Phil Harris
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:54:00 +0000

> I'd imagine that I not use the projector for all TV viewing
> and so think I'd stick with my current telly as well. The
> projector would be for flims, and hopefully gaming. The way I
> have the lounge setup at the mo, the Screen would either need
> to drop down just in front of the curtains, and come no
> further down than the TV (so may be a little high) or drop
> down in front of the TV, coming a lot lower, likely in front
> of the speakers I have.

Be careful if you're going to use a CRT projector for video games as you
can do serious damage to the tubes with the static display items of
video games (scores, speedos, rev counters etc.) in a matter of twenty
or thirty hours if you overdrive the tubes!

> You seem to have managed to save enormous amounts of money
> and got yourself a very good setup. I'm not sure I'd be able
> to get that sort of a deal, or know what to lookout for
> second hand. Persuading the other half, we need to save 6k+
> to get the telly I've always wanted and make lots of new
> holes in the ceiling is... well.... progressing more slowly
> than I had hoped.

I have a friend who buys secondhand projectors and sells them on ... He
can't always find projectors there and then but he has found a few for
me and friends and he is careful at grading them first. If/when you (or
anyone else) are seriously interested then drop me a line and I'll put
you in touch but I don't want to pass him timewasters or
"tyrekickers"
as he is bloody busy!

Phil