Re: Sky''s the limit :-(

  • Subject: Re: Sky''s the limit :-(
  • From: tefxp
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:27:00 +0000

> I conencted the sky box directly to a flat panel LCD & no joy
there either,
> but in fairness, I have never connected anything other than a PC
to it, so I
> can't say for definite that I had the LCD configured correctly.

Well, I connected a bog standard VCR to the KAT5 units and then
though to my LCD monitor and it works fine as a composite signal.

I connected the SKY box again to this setup and..... dead as a
doornail.

So, No Kat5 & Sky box is absolutely fine.
Kat5 it up and no piccie :-(

Perhaps the SKy box levels are a bit low & the Kat5 is introducing
just enough noise that neither the LCD panel nor the TV can detect a
signal - is there any way to boost the output or something?

I want to continue to run everything thru my amp so something that
works for Sky but not for the other devices won't be much use :(

Heellpppp!!

Tony