RE: Any chance of a cheap & cheerful Line Balance box?

  • Subject: RE: Any chance of a cheap & cheerful Line Balance box?
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:32:00 +0000

Hi Will,

Audio isnt as fussy as Video.

All you need is a cheap transformer. Maplin sell "Ground Loop
Breakers"
which have 2 transformers in them and have a pair of phono leads from each
end. Plug 1 end into the source and plug the other end into a CAT5 lead.
Wire one pair to a phone socket for each channel but keep the grounds
separate.

you need to do this at each end to do it properly but there will be some
loss and it may not be perfect. It also wont travel as far a a set of
KAT5's
would.

HTH

Keith