RE: RE: was Digital Audio/ now Ir and IRDA

  • Subject: RE: RE: was Digital Audio/ now Ir and IRDA
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:44:00 +0000

I thought it was more like 10 FEET.

Both Bluetooth and IRDA are really intended to allow connection between
co-located devices without cables ( as someone else said "Cable
Replacement"). ie Place your PDA or Mobile Phone on the desk near your
PC
and they sync without having to plug leads in. I believe it was never
intended for communication over a wider area. Thats where Wireless LAN
comes
into play.

Keith