RE: Switcher ....was...Digital Audio

  • Subject: RE: Switcher ....was...Digital Audio
  • From: BUTLER, Tony, FM
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:47:00 +0000

> Hi Tony,
>
> IR will be the main control method recieving IR from the room
> you are in to
> select the source you want to watch. It will also pass any received IR
[...]
> send Digibox commands that pass through to the Digibox. The IR will be
> switched so that if you had 2 devices that responded to the
> same remote eg
> two Videos, only the one you are watching would get the command.

[.....]

Sounds very Linn like!!

> There will an LCD display on the front along with simple press button
> control eg Button 1 cycles through the rooms, button 2 cycles
> through the
> sources.

Hey it's an RCU :-))

> There will also be RS232 control to allow a PC or
> Homevision to
> control it. Will also have support for HomeVision to overlay
> messages and
> inject audio either superimposed or completely overriding the original
> audio.

Damn, this sounds like a serious bit of kit.

I think you were rather modest before when you suggested you would offer
'some' of the features of multiroom system - would you mind telling what
you _won't_ be offering, coz I can't think of anything :-)))

I'd better stop with these emails as it must be keeping you from finishing
these sexy units! Good work fella!

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at <a href="http://www.rbsmarkets.com";>http://www.rbsmarkets.com</a>