RE: RGBS & stereo

  • Subject: RE: RGBS & stereo
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:27:00 +0000

Hi Keith,

On 7 Jan 02, at 22:09, Keith Doxey wrote:

> I can supply an RGBS unit with either Phono's or a SCART

I had thought this one was still on the forthcoming list and its what
I've been waiting upon. I would *very* much like a set of Rx and Tx
modules with RGB SCARTs as this immediately solves a layout
problem in my HomeCinema room. I'll just run a CAT5 cable around
the room and move the kit towards the side, rather than having a
really awkward layout to keep the DVD player within a metre of the
TV.

Are you taking any orders on such a set?

Also, can I ask about the power supply requirements of these
beasties. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but given an ordinary
house with a few normal wall sockets, how do I power the KAT5
modules? I have no idea what a "wall-wart type power supply" is
or
even looks like, let alone what to do with one.

Do I need a transformer with one of those little round plugs you
commonly see for printers/scanners so I can plug it into a power
brick, say?

Being a single bloke alone I have no wifey telling me she doesn't
want to see any wires/electronics, so I don't mind to a certain
extent!

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=D7CM8M_qvHzhPQkTd8JWqGcrnqdLi4ejPZS1bL-rS_3g15qDvx8JXFFKoof13gIY4TJLUXp14zudhGDRzpcgsQ">stuart@s...</a>
ICQ#: 4515603