RE: RGBS & stereo

  • Subject: RE: RGBS & stereo
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:09:00 +0000

Hi Richard

As has been mentioned in other replies, RGBS used all 4 pairs so there is
no
provision for audio. However, as you are sending it to your projector you
probable want to send the audio over a different route anyway.

I can supply an RGBS unit with either Phono's or a SCART

You will not get an RGB videosender for the same reason you will not get an
S-Video one.
The signal either needs to be mixed to composite, in which case you loose
all the benefits of RGB, or needs to be sent as 3 or 4 seperate radio
channels very high bandwidth and the spectrum simply doesnt exist. A top
quality RGB signal will often have a bandwidth of >60MHz per colour.
Compare that with the bandwidth of a Composite signal of around 6MHz. You
now see why RGB is higher quality.

HTH

Keith