RE: 5.1 6.1 surround

  • Subject: RE: 5.1 6.1 surround
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 19:52:00 +0000

Hi Andy,

The KAT5 units you have contain two Audio circuits (Left and Right) and two
Video circuits (Composite/S-VideoLuma and S-VideoChroma)

If you wanted two you could send two composite + mono signals over the
units
by using Left + Comp/Luma for one circuit and Right + Chroma for the second
circuit.

To test the "Dolby digital" theory you will be restricted to
using Composite
Video instead of S-Video as you will need the chroma circuit to carry the
DD
signal.

Pinouts are as follows

Signal Type Transmitter Receiver

Left Audio 6 3
Right Audio 2 1
Comp/Luma Video 20 19
Chroma Video 15 15

Ground on all units on 4,5,9,13,14,17,18 any can be used

SCART pinout can be found on
or
a copy of which comes
with the units :-)

Why is it that I didnt notice that my previous message appears to have been
typed with broken fingers until AFTER I hit the send key :-(

Keith