Re: RGB over KAT5

  • Subject: Re: RGB over KAT5
  • From: steve_parsons2000
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:59:00 +0000

--- In kat5-users@y..., "tefxp" <ukha_d@a...> wrote:
> > I'm thinking of buying a RGB->VGA converter from
&amp; trying to get Keith to build me a
> pair
> > of KAT5 VGA units. This will allow me to connect to the plasma's
> VGA
> > input.
>
> Doesn't the plasma have an RGB input?
> Anyway, converting RGB->sVideo doesn't mean you can go svideo-VGA.
> I would have thought if anything, RGB-VGA would be easier, though
> you probably won't be able to do it easily because of differences
in
> the spec.

Ah - sorry I wasn't clear enough. The sources will be a DVD player
(outputting RGB) &amp; an NTL digital box (also outputting RGB). Ignore
S-video for this. The plasma only accepts RGB through its computer
monitor 15pin in (there are separate component inputs). The
rgbtosideo bunch sell a box which converts directly from RGB SCART to
VGA 15pin which I can then use to drive the plasma in RGB.

> > Another related question is whether anyone knows of a good RGB
> SCART
> > IR controlled switcher (2 or more in &amp; 1 out).
>
> I thought the rgbtosvideo site did something like that too?
> Maybe not IR controlled though. Autosensing should be enough....

The rgbtosvideo lot do a SCART doubler but not a switcher. I'm
afraid autosensing won't be enough because the NTL box will always be
on - so I need to IR control the switching.

> FWIW, my own video plans (not having a plasma screen - yet!) are to
> run RGB KAT5 units from the DVD player (in node 0) to the TV, and
> SVideo KAT 5 units to a KAT5 switch, so I can have the best quality
> picture on the main TV and Svideo around the home......

Exactly my thoughts too ...... niiiiice.......

Cheers,

steve