RE: Any Novel Uses of Kat5?

  • Subject: RE: Any Novel Uses of Kat5?
  • From: Mark Harrison
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:55:00 +0000

Fair enough.

What I'm currently "working on" is as follows:

- PC in study with a copy of full "Outlook" on it
- PC set to auto-connect to my work Exchange server at 6am and
synchronise
- TV card in back of PC
- PC set to display "Outlook Today" summary page on the TV-out
at 6:40 every morning
- Signal routed via KAT5 to my bedroom
- Homevision set to turn the TV on and display the PC source at
6:45 every morning, with sound muted

... hence as I'm about to get dressed, I know what appointments I have
that day and which office I'm meant to go to - something I traditionally
get wrong a couple of times as year ;-)

The other is, as you suggest, for the nursery. A baby monitor feeding
out, back to the main systems AND a "soothing music" source from
an MP3
player on an old PC in the study set to play baby to sleep. Got a
dealine of May to get the baby stuff set up.

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher