RE: Audio & video distribution

  • Subject: RE: Audio & video distribution
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 15:38:00 +0000

Phil is absolutely correct because thats how I told him the daisy chain
worked.

For AUDIO ONLY you could possible get away with star wiring but you would
have to remove the termination resistors from the receivers anyway. With
VIDEO it is a definate NO NO. The reflections that would be setup within
the
different cable stubs would cause severe ghosting at best and at worst no
useable picture at all. Because audio is much lower frequency there would
be
little or no noticable degradation.

By daisy chaining everything is fine.....at least it was when I tested with
5 receivers driven from one transmitter. The important thing is that the
cable gets looped to the receivers hence the temporary need for 2 cables,
they are both terminated on the same jack at the receiver end but separate
at the patch panel to enable interconnection between rooms. The last cable
in the chain MUST be terminated either by resistors or a receiver with the
termination resistors still fitted (standard).

I will try and do a couple more diagrams to add to the site since this
option has now become a reality.

Keith