VideoBalun vs KAT5 ?

  • Subject: VideoBalun vs KAT5 ?
  • From: sgamier
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:32:00 +0000

Hello,

I am French and I am sorry for my poor english.

Just for info,I live in Haute-Savoie at 10 km of Evian (the Alp Water)

Here, I am buy my apartment.

I am software development engineer, and I have idea cabling all my
house since long time.

Now, all room of my apartment have 4 RJ45 outlets.

Since july 2001 I search solution for transmit video and audio over
my cable Categorie 5.

On net, before found this group I found another solution for that:
videoBalun

you can see at this url :

I don't know if it's run because is currently out of stock...

Could you explain to me differences beetween KAT5 and balun ?

for me I think balun is good solution because it don't use power
supplies, but I don't know all possibilities and advantages of Kat5 !

I search solution for transmit IR.
KAT5 have capabilities for that ?

thank's for all your answer.

M. Sebastien Gamier