RE: Need custom modules for HV video

  • Subject: RE: Need custom modules for HV video
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:30:00 +0000

Hi Vince,

I am planning on releasing a module for HomeVision but configured as
follows.

Video FROM TV to HomeVision
HV Video TO TV
Stereo Audio from HV End to TV so that announcements can be played from the
PC.

I can build you a set as you describe but there are a couple of things to
point out...
1. A single pair doesnt give Homevision much I/O
2. Feeding power from one end means that BOTH ends have a common point of
reference (0V line) which can defeat the whole purpose of balanced line by
introducing a ground loop.

The switcher will have built in support for HomeVision to overlay both
Audio
and Video onto any of the sources.

Keith