Re: Best way to feed TV and audio

  • Subject: Re: Best way to feed TV and audio
  • From: andrew_richards_2000
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 22:01:00 +0000

> Sounds like the amp is back in your wiring cabinet almost! 15m is
one
> hell of a run. You can run audio this distance and it will survive
but
> be wary of picking up induced noise (which is why you're using
KAT5s in
> the first place).

It IS rather a run, but see my posting on UKHA (Medieval Home
Automation) and you'll get an idea of what I'm about!

> I've said how I handle my situation ... the DVD is routed through
the TV
> so that I pipe either DVD or TV sound into the TEAC via the AUX
input
> and the TEAC has a tuner and CD player so that's easy.

I'd not picked up that you had your pure audio sources going straight
into the amp (as you said, you'd already said what was happening with
the DVD). I don't have that setup and that's exactly my problem -
the tuner and CD player will be some way away from the amp, with
audio sent over KAT5

> >From what you're saying the way I would do it would be to run a
KAT5
> sender from your equipment cabinet up to the TV, have a KAT5
receiver
> strapped to the back of the TV with its terminating resistors
removed
> from the RJ45 input and then pass the signal on to another KAT5
receiver
> behind the amp. You wouldn't be able to pipe your TV through to the
amp
> but if you have no flexibility in positioning equipment then -
well -
> tough!

I suppose I could take the audio out from the TV and route it over
KAT5 to the central switcher (Keith's famous device) and then back to
the amp as just another source. Convuluted, but gives me the
flexibility I need.

> (Actually, the way *I* would do it is to move the amp over to the
TV but
> that seems waaay to easy doesn't it?)

Oh yes!

Andrew