Re: Best way to feed TV and audio

  • Subject: Re: Best way to feed TV and audio
  • From: andrew_richards_2000
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 17:48:00 +0000

--- In kat5-users@y..., "Phil Harris"
<phillip.harris1@v...> wrote:
> How far away will the amp be? I would suggest feeding the AV signal
from
> the KAT5 into the TV and then feeding the stereo audio output from
the
> TV to the amplifier using a plain old stereo phono lead. That way
you
> can route the audio signal that is being distributed to the TV
*AND* the
> audio from the TVs own receiver out to the external amp and
speakers.
> Remember though that that audio signal will be line level and not
> "volume controlled" so you'll need some form of volume
control.

Phil

Amp could be 10-15m away from TV - is this too far for a reliable
signal?

I like this idea for getting better quality sound from TV broadcasts,
but I also want to use the amp in 'stand-alone' mode for playing off
a tuner or a CD player (both in node 0 and transmitted over KAT5).
I'd rather not route those signals through the TV (which might not be
on) if possible. How do you handle this situation?

Andrew