RE: Any Novel Uses of Kat5?

  • Subject: RE: Any Novel Uses of Kat5?
  • From: Mark Harrison
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:18:00 +0000

With the CAT5 wiring of my house mainly done last weekend, the next use
of KA5 should go live this week.

I have two quad points on opposite walls of the bedroom - one "below
the
headboard on the bed", one on the "wall opposite the foot of the
bed",
if you see what I mean. The main home-cinema system is set up for
viewing from in bed.

At the moment, the rear speakers are driven by an amp fed at line level
from the processor, then some speaker cable running across the bedroom
floor. Whichever way I run it, it's a tripping risk, since it either has
to go across the door of the en-suite, or the main door into the bedroom
from the landing.

The plan is to take the read out of the processor into a KAT5 TX, patch
it to the back of the room, and put a RX, and the amp for the rear
channel under the bed! Much neater!

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher