Re: Vantage vs. Lutron

Well, I'm officially done with Vantage. I still maintained a few older syst=
em but the last system I installed as a dealer that had the newest 12 load =
dimming modules has started to have many issues with the modules failing to=
 communicate with the system or they communicate and just don't respond to =
keypad requests and since I am no longer a Vantage dealer and can't buy par=
ts or get support and the company not selling direct to customers, I just g=
ave up on a long-term customer and now they have to take their chance with =
the few dealers who are left and unfamiliar with their house.  They were qu=
ite upset because they wanted to keep me to work on their house but without=
 Vantage's support and parts, my hands were tied.  Guess which system that =
customer will go with when they build their new house? Lutron. =20

I'll also be converting the older Vantage Qlink system for another customer=
 who loses the programming to the system after a power outage (we have it o=
n a UPS but that only lasts about an hour), and also having trouble with LE=
D lights to a Lutron Homeworks QSX system as well. From what I've been told=
 from a Vantage dealer that I spoke with, they no longer repair those old Q=
link processors anyway and regardless, they'd need to update their old Vant=
age dimming modules to the newer ones which as mentioned above don't seem t=
o last nearly as long as the old ones. It'd cost a little more on labor but=
 parts will come out about the same and the keypads will have a more modern=
 look than the ugly "soft touch" look from the 70's. =20

Once they found out about Lutron's app and how cloud capabilities and remot=
e access are built into the processor, they were hooked. Vantage doesn't ha=
ve anything like that and it's 2022 going on 2023. With Lutron's QSX and Ra=
dio Ra3, I can troubleshoot their system 24/7 whether I'm in my office with=
 the full software or using the Lutron App on my phone. And don't forget ab=
out shades. Lutron has the best shades in the world. Vantage had a dinky So=
mfy motor translator and I guess now they do Qmotion. Ask any shade dealer =
which the best brand is...the answer will not surprise you!