Moen Digital Shower

Just got a Moen digital shower. I can use it without setting up an
account, but I find that the idle (ambient) screen is very bright.

Reading the docs, I MUST:
- download the app to my phone
- setup an account (wants name + address + email)
- tell the controller my home WiFi information

And then I can turn down the ambient screen.

Meanwhile I have given up a large amount of personal information, plus
told Meon what my home WiFi password is, and I have an app on my phone
gathering information.

I can reach the internal controller Web Page (as it has a built-in WiFi
router), but all I get is a "page missing" display.

Is there a backdoor way to turn off the ambient display? Some HTTP
command?

--
Wojtek :-)