Re: Vantage vs. Lutron

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 7:09:09 PM UTC-7, light...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 15, 2002 at 4:21:00 PM UTC-7, Mike wrote:
> > Does anyone here have enough know-how to compare Lutron Homeworks with =
the Vantage
> > automation
> > system? I'm preparing to specify a system to automate lighting, solar s=
hades, zone heating
> > system, curtains and a few other functions in a 3000 sq. foot home. I'v=
e narrowed the
> > selection down to these two systems.
> >=20
> > It's important that the various functions can be programmed using well-=
written software
> > that is powerful and versatile. Also, the light dimmers should be of th=
e highest quality
> > to minimize buzzing, flicker and increase reliability and longevity.
> >=20
> > Which system has the edge here? Any feedback appreciated.
> >=20
> > Mike M.
>=20
> By far Vantage is better than Lutron. Easier to wire, costs less and you =
can do much much more. Another thing if not the most important thing. Vanta=
ge is forward and reverse compatible. This means in the future you do not h=
ave to rip out parts to update the system, like with Lutron etc. Also I've =
gone back to projects that were 20 years old and updated them to work with =
all the new Vantage options, with ease, by changing the processor. There is=
 also an APP called softwareforhomecontrol.com I use this app a lot I can d=
esign a touch-screen (IPAD or IPHONE) to do anything. I have been a Vantage=
 dealer for 20+ years. I've been a Lutron, Crestron and LiteTouch dealer in=
 the past. I know the in and outs of most of the systems. I'm glad to talk =
to you if you'd like. I do not want to put my phone number on this site.

Good Luck

Roger R