Re: Mastervoice Butler-in-a-box

On Friday, October 19, 2018 at 1:54:45 AM UTC-4, eddy...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 5:25:04 AM UTC-4, put...@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On Monday, February 19, 2001 at 5:45:50 AM UTC+1, Jennifer Kalk wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >=20
> > > Has anyone has any experience w/ the Butler-in-a-box from AVSI (ex
> > > MasterVoice). It seems to be a mid-90's HA system w/ strong voice-act=
ivated
> > > capabilities. Is it still a viable HA controller?
> > >=20
> > > Thx
> > >=20
> > > Anthony
> >=20
> > I was a dealer and still have a couple still in the box. I have been us=
ing one for 20+ years to control a myriad of lights with other X-10 devices=
. I agree the voice control was problematic. It did control a fighter jet i=
n an experiment. If it is compared to todays voice control it is flintstoni=
an. Mine still works and I have a large rechargeable backup battery for whe=
n the power goes out as it is vexing to input all the device settings if th=
e backup power dies. I hardly think about it as it works seamlessly. Only t=
hing to do is to rest the time display if there is a power outage. That tak=
es about 15 seconds.
> >=20
> > Bruce
Bruce ,Do you still have any Units left by any chance? Or know of anyone or=
 anyplace that do? I know its been almost over two years since  you posted =
 this ,But I believe  in  miracles .    I`m a Disabled Vet. and I have been=
 using the Butler Series 11 for over 27 years .My units display apparently =
just burnt out but i can still use it untill i loose the memory cant see di=
splay too reload memory now you know my situation ,By  the way my name is E=
ddy .So if you or anyone in this forum can Help me,you can contact  me via =
email at eddyhimv@xxxxxxxxx or phone  me at 305-819-3304 between 12:00 pm a=
nd 4:00 pm est.time.THANK YOU For Your TIME.