Re: Trendnet 200 Mbps Powerline AV Issues

On 6/2/2017 11:16 PM, cameo wrote:
> On 6/2/2017 2:17 PM, Bob F wrote:

>>> Hm. Thanks. Of course I could not do much if the power noise comes
>>> from a neighbor. I was also wondering if the power company itself
>>> puts some carrier frequency on its lines as a means to remotely read
>>> the meters.
>>>

>> It isn't necessarily "noise". It could be that something has a filter"
>> in it that shorts the frequency of your cameras to ground at that
>> device. You could be right about the power company equipment though.
>> That one you can ask them about. They might be able to add a filter to
>> your meter to keep their signal out of your house.
>
> Good ideas. Thanks.
Here's what happened to me, with x10 signals.  I put in 2 new LED mini
flood bulbs in my range hood.  When they were on, all x10 stuff didn't
work.  I returned them and bought different ones ... same results.
Later, I purchased 2 similar ones (still different mfg) at Lowe's and
they didn't affect x10 at all.  So, the problem could be something as
simple as changing a light bulb.