Re: X10 European Lamp Module (LM12 etc)

Andrew Gabiel replied: - If it just went open circuit, then you should be a=
ble to simply replace it. Use a Class X1 or X2 capacitor to reduce chance o=
f it shorting (these are designed specifically to have mains voltage across=
 them and remain safe).=20

Thanks Andrew. Somewhat independently, I had already decided that might be =
a better solution. It's also easier as the 'main' electronics retailers her=
e don't stock a decent range of HV mylar capacitors, but do keep a range of=
 X2 mains caps. (I've ordered some fom overseas, but they do take a while t=
o reach here. We'e a long way from anywhere!) It doesn't - thankfully - loo=
k like it went s/c - it actually measures 0.113uF rather than 0.33uF, so ho=
pefully it won't have destroyed anything beyond it. I'm keeping fingers cro=
ssed!