Re: Need replacement for model CP290 X10 home automation system standalone controller

I would guess that if the failure of your current CP
-290 device was not caused by being hit by something b ad like lightening that you have a case of dead filter capacitors in the CP-290 power supply.

I have never opened mine so I can't say how involved replacement might be but that's the first thing I would try.

It's hard to find people who know how to fix stuff in our "throw away" world.

I would really hate to have my CP-290 die. There's no standalone devices like it. I use software written several years ago by a guy named Rafiel Fiol.  Haven't been able to find him.

my cp-290 CLOCK IS STABLE. eVERYTIME YOU CHECK IT WITH THE SOFTWARE THE CLOCK UPDATES TO THE TIME IN YOUR COMPUTER.

tHE SERIAL CONTROL NEED NOT BE DISCONNECTED FOR THE cp-290 TO WORK PROPERLY.  tHESE DAYS pc'S DON'T HAVE rs-232 PORTS AND YOU'D NEED A usb TO SERIAL CONVERTER.