Which security wire to use?

While renovating my kitchen I want to run inside the walls the wires for
some security detectors. I understand I need 22 gauge 4 wire for the
rate-of-rise and carbon monoxide detectors. But looking online I see I have
a choice of solid or stranded. And shielded or not. For the one 500' roll
that I would need to buy the prices are close enough that price isn't the
issue.

I would also run a wire for the door contact. It only needs 2 wire, but I
don't want to buy another roll when 500' is more than enough for all three
devices.