Re: Replacement for SH 1132CU

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:06:29 AM UTC-7, Art Todesco wrote:
> I think my SH 1132CU bit the dust the other night during a big=20
> thunderstorm.   I haven't found any other electrical damage in the=20
> house.  The 1132 seems to communicate with the PC connected via USB,=20
> however, there is no PLC activity.  It doesn't send x10 signals, nor the=
=20
> the green LED flash when an x10 signal is sent from another transmitter.=
=20
>    I know you can still get the 1132, however, as we all know, it is=20
> crippled and unsupported by SM, especially in the area of daylight=20
> saving time/standard time.  I know there are also some other issues, but=
=20
> for the most part, it works pretty good.  Using their Plus software, I=20
> am so some if/then type logic, i.e. if B1 turns on, then turn on C2.=20
> So, does anyone have any opinions of a replacement?

I went through this myself last winter.  I now turn off my power during ele=
ctrical storms.  I did a great deal of checking around for a replacement fo=
r something else. the idea of learning another new item after being use to =
this thing working so well except for two time a year to change the time If=
 I really feel the need to,... well I like this thing.   I got a new 1132cu=
 in the box from x10parts.com. A friend of mine told me they bought up all =
the old smarthome switchlinc x10 type switches and the 1132cu etc which he =
prefers over the insteon.  He tried the Insteon a couple of times sending t=
hem back to smarthome for replacement and those replacements didnt work eit=
her.  The only other things that come close to the 1132cu is if you want to=
 leave a computer attached to the powerline running 24/7.  I have heard x10=
 will be releasing something new late in 2013 possibly but who knows.