Re: Strange X10 Lamp module problem

Per dlh:
>There have been many reports of sudden plagues of random ONs and/or
>OFFs after the installation of a "Smart" Meter by various electrical
>utilities in various parts of the country. All of them appear to use
>LonTalk (although identifying it by the ANSI standard number) to
>communicate between meters and the Data Aggregator which usually
>serves all of the meters on the same transformer. It appears to affect
>X10-made modules and switches (but not those made by Smarthome).

Just to make sure: would it affect hard-wired X10 modules?

I've been beating my brains out for the better part of a year
trying to figure out why one of my modules (located in a
relatively inaccessible place) keeps getting turned on.

Until now, I've been thinking either defective module or some
neighbor using X10's on the same-lettered scheme.

--
Pete Cresswell