Re: Strange X10 Lamp module problem

When a lamp gets turned off the impedance of the house circuit increases and
the noise can be higher at the unit than if the circuit had more load on it.
Standing waves and reflections can increase the amplitude of the noise when
unloaded.

I always had problems with my wireless X10 units. They would think they
heard signals and repeat them. Usually all lights on signals would happen or
they would lock up and send continuous noise locking up the system.

Many smart meter systems send signals regularly and intermittently to the
other smart meters so that the master data gatherer can access meters
"hidden" from where it sits.  Number of data jumps can be limited in the
meter software as that can also lock up the network by perpetual repeats of
data bouncing around.

---------
"Art Todesco"  wrote in message news:jggmd4$h62$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, this was a random turn off, but once it was off, it was locked and
could not be turned back on, until I power cycled the modules.  And, in
my area, Duke uses an RF system to read the meters.  I talked to the
Duke guy, whose son lives in my subdivision, and he said that he goes to
the highest point and reads all the meters below, from his truck.  He
actually changed out my meter because it was not the proper type that
could be read from his RF reader.  Also, this happened at night, maybe
10PM, when I seriously doubt that he was doing any meter reads.