Retrofitting Motion Sensor?

I have a few two-bulb floodlights mounted in the usual boxes.

Bought a retrofit motion sensor with the thought of converting
one of the boxes to motion sensing.

Physically, no problem: the sensor screws right in to one of the
threaded holes already in the box.

But I'm guessing I still need some sort of relay so the motion
sensor trips the relay and the relay applies the AC to the bulbs.

Googling didn't reveal anything.

Anybody been here?
--
Pete Cresswell