Re: X-10 RF home automation being overwhelmed by M2 OFF, C2 OFF and Gxx DIM signals

"Bob F" <bobnospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Robert Green wrote:
> > It's a headscratcher for sure but that's part of the "charm" of X-10.
> > It's been responsible for my learning all about AC power, sine waves,
> > wiring up 240VAC gear to the circuit box, etc.  But when it works,
> > it's just like magic, so it's worth the trouble, at least to me.
> > Stock X-10 gear doesn't work well anymore because of all the
> > switching power supplies and fluorescent lights that can stomp on the
> > relatively weak signal (about 5V). I use a device made by a guy named
> > Jeff Volp that amplifies that weak signal into one over 25V.  That
> > can punch through way more interference and makes all the difference
> > in making X10 a reliable protocol again, the way it was when first
> > introduced into a switching-power supply world over 20 years ago.
> >

> I've added several filters to problem devices or computer power strips
powering
> several devices to solve similar problems.

Thanks for the suggestion but I buy filters by the dozen!  This is/was very
odd in that it kept broadcasting 3 different X-10 codes by RF only.  No way
to filter it out unless I build a Faraday cage around my house.  The good
news is that it stopped right after 9/11.  Don't know where it came from,
don't know where it went.  All I know is that I am very, very happy it is
gone.  Nothing like something not working anymore to realize how much you
depend on it.

Thanks for your input!

--
Bobby G.