Re: replacement CM11a firmware available

Dan,

About 3 years back, I persuaded Dom Kinzer of ZBasic to add low level X-10
functions implemented in the background and buffered a la a software UART.
It automatically handles all I/O, setting flags to signal a reception, etc.
and filling a bit array as a signal is received. For output you merely fill
a bit array and bits are sent automatically at ZC. It even incorporates the
extra AGC signals needed with a CM15A should you want to play with it.

The cheapest ZBasic chip is the ZX-328n (DIP-28) at $10 or the ZX-32n
(TQFP-32) at $15. Both have a bootloader preloaded. The ZBasic software is
free. It compiles to native Atmel machine code for the 'n' version of the
chips.

http://www.zbasic.net/Microcontrollers/ZX-328n-Microcontroller/p-68.html?osCsid=b0a04ea9323b5a875fafe146db6af062
     http://www.zbasic.net/Microcontrollers/ZX-32n-Microcontroller/p-73.html

You would need to mount them to a daughterboard that then replaces the X10
MCU. And they need a XTAL and serial interface circuitry. These days there
are inexpensive ethernet-serial interfaces for those who want a network
interface.

     http://www.ewiznet.com/goods_detail.php?goodsIdx=115